Wednesday 28 November 2012

PLANNING- Editing Practice



Recently in our media lessons we started practicing editing. I was paired with Oscar from my coursework group and he was very experienced with editing as he did it last year. We were given the task to use Adobe Premiere Pro to edit a past video so that we could practice for when we edit our own video.

We had to look at the finished video and try and make our video as similar to that as we possibly could, which meant cutting the video, adding titles, and adding diagetic and non diagetic sound. I found this quite hard as I had never used this software before so I didn't know how to use any of the tools or what anything was, however Oscar did so it was really helpful having him to help me and explain what everything was and how to use the software properly.

I found cutting the video quite easy as it was obvious where everything had to be cut. I will be able to cut our video successfully as it wasn't very hard and it was easy to remember how to do it.

Adding in the titles was also a lot easier than I thought as it was the same every time and we just had to add the titles where they were on the original video.

Adding the non diagetic sound, the music was slightly harder because it had to be in an exact place and it was quite hard to do this, I found it hard to remember how to get it in the right place so I will probably need more practice before edit our own film.

The diagetic sound was the noise of a mobile phone and it was at a certain time; this was slightly easier than the other sound but I still struggled so I may also need more practice.


Strenghs of my finished video:
  • the timing was good and was exactly the same as the original
  • the cuts were clean and smooth, there wasn't any black in between cuts
  • the music was at the right time and so was the sound effects
  • the titles were at the right time
Weaknesses:
  • the fonts weren't the same, we used serif when the font was sans serif
  • the music cut off at the end

No comments:

Post a Comment