Tuesday 16 October 2012

Editing and Representation

I found it very helpful learning about editing and representation as it's useful to know what to look for in an extract so that I can take accurate notes about it and write about the right parts. These are the notes that I took about editing and representation on the extract we analysed in class from Dr Who.



We were given this sheet about editing and representation which I found really useful as it describes everything that needs to be considered when creating a film or TV show; it gives definitions of the parts of filming and editing and explains how they are used and what the effects are. 




























These are examples of the pages on editing and representation that we were given.
One of the things that I found most interesting learning about was motivation (which is when any transition is 'forced' on the editor by a characters action or the narrative) . I didn't know what this was before; so I found it very useful to know about motivated edits. I was also interested to learn about prevalence- which is about how much screen time a character gets, showing the importance of their role in the scene. Before I knew about these terms I wouldn't have been able to include the names of them in my work, therefore learning this will help me improve my writing in essays as I'll be able to use more technical language. 











No comments:

Post a Comment