Tuesday 11 December 2012

Essay feedback (Merlin)

I recently received feedback from an essay question on an extract from the television show 'Merlin'.

'Discuss the way social status is represented in this extract from Merlin.'

- I found this essay slightly easier to write about than the other essays which I had previously written as I felt like I had learnt a lot more about what I needed to include in the essays such as the technical language and more analysis.

- My targets from my previous essay was to avoid descriptions and emphasis the technical aspects and to revise semiotics, particularly indexical and iconography.

- I had got C's on all of my previous essays which I had been very happy with as my target grade for Media is a B so I didn't have that much to improve on in order to achieve this.

- In this essay I achieved a C again. I was happy with this grade but I do think that I could improve as my grade has stayed the same since my first essay which suggests that I haven't improved.

Targets:

- Use the appropriate terminology
- Respond to the question, addressing the question at the opening of each paragraph.
- Be more detailed in the analysis of editing

From the feedback I can see that I have achieved the target to avoid descriptions  however I still need to revise the terminology and address the question. These are things which I will be focusing on in my next essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment